Victim Care Devon and Cornwall accredited memberSSC member

Citizens Advice Devon

We are a network of charities providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.

Citizens Advice Devon, as a member of the Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to individuals on their rights and responsibilities. It also values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Our twin Aims are to provide the advice people need for the problems they face, and improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives, bringing to the attention of local and national government, issues and problems which are of common concern

Areas covered include welfare benefits, debt, housing, consumer issues, relationship breakdown and employment.

Lots of information and advice is available on our website If you'd like to make contact with the Citizens Advice the best way is to phone our Adviceline on 03444 111 444, or visit your local office or outreach during its drop-in hours. These hours, and office locations, can be found through the "find your local Citizens Advice" search at


Find out more about the services we offer by clicking the headings below

  1. Citizens Advice offer a whole host of practical support.

  2. Dealing with money issues can sometimes be off-putting, but if you don't understand how things like credit or mortgages work, you could end up losing out financially or getting yourself deep in debt. The following pages will give you the information you need to make the right choices, including help to deal with your debt problems, how to avoid losing your home and how to get your finances back into shape.

  3. The consequences of bereavement can be devastating. As well as the emotional cost, many families experience problems with money, housing, benefits and other matters. CA is often able to help in these circumstances.

  4. The consequences of bereavement can be devastating. As well as the emotional cost, many families experience problems with money, housing, benefits and other matters. CA is often able to help in these circumstances.

  5. If you are homeless, threatened with homelessness, in rent arrears or have a problem with your landlord we may be able to help.

  6. CA advisers may be able to help you obtain justice by helping you make your case in disputes about benefits decisions, consumer problems, negotiations with creditors over debts, problems with landlords and with public bodies.

  7. We may be able to help you get justice in cases where you have been illegally discriminated against.

  8. We offer drop-in services at various rural locations around Devon. See the "find your local bureau" search at for times and locations.

  9. Problems often arise between employers and employees, or for those in education. These may relate to benefits, tax credits, employment disputes, housing and more. CA is often able to help.

  10. Citizens Advice can often help manage the consequences of a relationship or family break-up, especially where these concern, benefits, money, child maintenance and housing.

  11. If you are either unable to work, or have care or mobility needs because of a disability or health condition, CA may be able to help you through the challenges of accessing welfare benefits or the care you need.

  12. If you are unable to work, have care needs or mobility problems because of a mental health condition, navigating the world of work, welfare benefits, housing, money and more can be a challenge. CA is often able to help.

  13. You can get free, confidential help from your local Citizens Advice on: visa eligibility and applications - including advice on filling in forms (although they might not be able to fill in the form for you) chasing up Home Office delays getting replacement immigration documents problems with coming to the UK or staying in the UK, eg applications for entry clearance, leave to enter, leave to remain or residence permits becoming a British citizen (also known as ‘naturalisation’) Your local Citizens Advice may also be able to help with more difficult issues - it depends whether they have an immigration specialist. Ask when you get in touch.

  14. Find out what your rights are if your relationship has broken down, for example whether you can stay in the family home or who the children should live with. You can also find out how to deal with things like making a will, registering a birth or changing your name, and where else to go for help.

  15. You can be scammed in different ways - online, by phone, by post or in person. Scammers try to get your personal details to get money from you or steal your details so they can pretend to be you. Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service for help with what to do next. tel: 03454040506

Victim Care

The Victim Care Unit refers victims with their consent only to the Organisations that display this badge

I do not want to report the crime to the police but I still want support

Call: 0300 3030 554

Online: click here