How to?

Make a complaint

The victims’ code sets out a standard of service to be provided to victims by criminal justice organisations.

 You are entitled to be treated in a respectful, sensitive and professional manner by all the criminal justice agencies. You have the right to complain if the services you are entitled to are not provided.

Complaints should be dealt with quickly and properly by the relevant organisation. You should receive either an acknowledgement or a full response within ten working days of your complaint being received by the organisation.

Contact the Victim Care Unit for advice if you are unhappy with the service you have received or you are unsure where to send your complaint. For further information about police complaints please visit:

We want to improve our service to victims and we would welcome your feedback. We would be grateful if you would spend a few minutes completing our survey which can be found at:

Further information

You can read more about the Victim Care Unit and the services provided for victims at:

 If you want to make a complaint about the service you received from the Police and or the Victim Care Unit there are a number of ways that you can do this. These are described on the following webpage: Alternatively you can write direct to the police Professional Standards Department at Headquarters, PSD Department, Devon & Cornwall Police, Middlemoor, Exeter, EX2 7HQ.

If you want to make a complaint about the service you received from one of our network support partners please contact them direct.

If your complaint refers to multiple partners agencies or if you are unsure which agency was responsible for providing the service that you wish to complain about then you can either contact one of the agencies involved and they will pass your complaint to all involved partner agencies or contact the Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner through the following webpage:

Alternatively write direct to The Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner, Endeavour House, Pynes Hill, Exeter, EX2 5WH. Your complaint will be signposted to the most appropriate agency.

Are you looking for help as a victim of crime?

Search our organisation directory

To be directed to the Victim Care Unit

Call: 01392 475900


Victim Care

The Victim Care Unit refers victims with their consent only to the Organisations that display this badge

I do not want to report the crime to the police but I still want support:

Call: 0300 3030 554